By Joseph Romanos
Unforgettable is the story of the most memorable moments in New Zealand sport – the good, the bad and the ugly.
Experienced sports writer Joseph Romanos has compiled 160 stories ranging from our first world title, won by walker Joe Scott in 1888, to today’s headline makers, such as Brendon McCullum’s triple century at the Basin Reserve in 2014 and Lou Vincent’s admission that he a match fixer.
Among the stories in Unforgettable, read about:
- The first southern hemisphere athlete to win a winter Olympics medal.
- The unlikely hero who helped the All Blacks to World Cup glory.
- The cyclist who was third at the Olympics but did not win a medal.
- How Team New Zealand threw away an America’s Cup victory.
- The disabled athlete who won a Commonwealth Games gold medal.
- How the All Whites went through a Football World Cup unbeaten.
- The New Zealand runner who broke the world record and finished second.
- The 14-year-old who became the darling of New Zealand sport.
- The day the All Blacks lost two test matches.
- The grandmother who became a world bowls champion.
Unforgettable is attractively illustrated and contains page after page of engrossing reading.